Little Bird Practice Design
At Little Bird, we are bringing the natural rejuvenating and calming outdoors, inside.
From warm colours, to full size trees, live slab wood tables, and a waterfall feature. Creating a welcoming environment where our patient families will feel cared for and at home. The practice is fully accessible, fragrance free, and with ample free parking.
We are a baby friendly practice, with a cozy reading corner, rocking and sound shell chairs, and accessible washrooms with change tables. For new parents and those nursing, we are breastfeeding friendly. If privacy is desired, we have special rooms each with unique natural calming features.
The Sound Shell Chair
A Flaghouse Snoezelen® soft cushioned chair that incorporates music and vibration. The shape and construction make it perfect for both sound isolation and acoustics. Its chamber-like shape and upholstered interior cancels out most outside noise, providing a unique environment for meditation and relaxation.
What is Snoezelen®?
Our goal is to provide compassionate, personalized care to each and every patient.
Below are some of the unique design features of our clinic:
- Waiting room with areas for the whole family – quiet reading corner, tablet zones, Snoezelen® tactile space (for all ages to touch and explore), and Sound Shell Chair to be able to rest and rejuvenate
- Separate greeting and check out areas to ensure utmost patient privacy
- Initial consultation space intentionally looks similar to a cozy beach house instead of a medical office for patient and family comfort
- Treatment rooms with unique features
- Overhead lighting that can be controlled in each space with dimmers
- Customized hand piece cords to adapt to patient’s needs for improved comfort (E.g. caring for individual’s standing, in their wheelchairs, etc.)
- Ceiling mounted televisions (Netflix)
- Two before or after appointment special rooms with natural calming features (Waterfall shimmer and Space/laser stars)
- Weighted blankets for calming support and patient safety (protective stabilization)
- Separate private entrance to the Classroom – that is linked to main reception for patients that desire pre-treatment rebounding therapy on the trampoline or care in our Snoezelen® treatment areas
- Classroom/Activity Room & Snoezelen® Space – is where we will lead Buteyko breathing and myofunctional exercise classes for our patients (re-educating and optimizing their growth, development and function)
- Snoezelen® items in this space include: Bubble tubes, Beanbag chairs, Infinite Panel (Click to learn more about the Infinite Panel), Rebounding Trampoline, and much more!
- Snoezelen® Treatment Room
- A safe Snoezelen® space that can be customized to each individual, and with all health care items hidden out of sight, patients will receive time before and after their appointment to maximize their Snoezelen® experience
- Comfortable custom bench seating
- Fully accessible
- Some featured products: Bubble wall with adjustable colours, tactile wall tiles, and weighted blankets
- Treatment provided in this room may include (but not limited to): New patient exams, consultations, check-ups, preventive care (E.g. cleanings, fluoride, etc.), and/or simple restorative/operative treatments.
A Flaghouse Snoezelen® product that allows for the creation of imagery, sound and color coordinated themes for learning, therapy, reminiscence, relaxation and more. With the various themes to select, we can customize to each group or individual and transform the space into an ocean scene, gentle snowflakes falling, to a calm afternoon at the rainforest. The possibilities are endless!